Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Green

It is that time of year folks when Miners and their wives think Green. We are three days away from the Best Ever, and because so much of what you see in the States is faux Celtic--in terms of the St. Pat's celebration--I wanted to put up one of my favorite photos of The Reenactor. He is standing at the Cliffs of Mohr in County Clare...a truly spectacular site to visit. I took this photo when we visited Ireland in Oct. 1998. The memory I took home with me from that trip is that Ireland is a lovely place...one of the most beautiful places I've ever been...and our cartoonish images of it every March 17th pale miserably by comparison.

So this weekend, raise a pint of Guinness in salute to the millions of good people who left that gorgeous green country to find a better life here in ours. And if you ever get the chance, go visit for yourself the real Emerald Isle.

NOTE....I tried to upload the photo I mentioned, but apparently Blogger is having issues with uploading photos now. As soon as they get it resolved I'll post the photo!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

We certainly hope to see the lot of ya here in county greene this weekend for the celebration don't ya know.

Anonymous said...

Like the good "Plastic Paddy" I am, I am allowing myself the Lenten release of the Feast of St. Patrick (on Friday) to partake of my favorite malted beverage again, of which I have denied myself since Ash Wednesday. I expect ample opportunity to do so. Fair warning, I should be a cheap date. I would suggest a fire to gather around, but I don't know where to get any firewood. Any suggestions?

Anonymous said...

Why Longinus you old son of a gun I do know where to get some wood. But
it'll run ya.

Auntie K said...

Someone remind The Edward to not go to the local quickstop to buy a box of wood for the fire. This is County Greene, not County Pitkin.

sgt@arms said...

Edward Mathis- not to be cornfused with Matthew Edwards — has already admired our very large firewood stack. A far is a great idea!