Saturday, March 31, 2007

Career Day


It was career week at my daughter's school this week. Parents were asked to volunteer to come to school and describe their job/career for the class. Both The Reenactor and I went on different days to describe our jobs, and a few other parents did as well. So imagine my happiness when MG came home wearing this nametag on her shirt.

She was very excited about it and wants to wear it next time we go to Wally World. Both The Reenactor and I found it ironic and amusing that this was one of her favorite "favors" of the week.

I'm sure you've seen or heard this from other sources, but as part of my job description to the kids I printed out a dozen major corporation logos for them to identify. They knew every logo, even not-so-kid oriented logos like Gap, Dell Computers, and Major League Baseball. The only logo none of them knew was Campbell's Soup. I had just the word Campbell's in the script writing. I'm sure if I had used the entire can they would have known it.

5 comments:

MJ said...

Nick and I loved MG's Wal-Mart name tag. It's even funnier since you have sworn off Wal-Mart. The coorporation has decided if you won't come to it - it will come to you - in the form of career day. There is no escaping the Wally World Machine! Run aWay!

MJ said...

I just realized I can't spell - please forgive me. Corporation is the correct spelling for the term I meant to use.

Nick said...

Down with the man! You should start teaching them symbols for major charities. Habitat, Heifer Project etc. just a thought.

Anonymous said...

Nick...that is a GREAT idea!

Anonymous said...

i saw a show once where school children (in england) couldn't identify certain fruits and vegetables- then they did the same thing with a classroom in italy and ALL the children SHOUTED out the names of the veggies. "melanzaaaaane!" (translation: eggplaaaaant)

as an aside, mcdonalds can't stay in business in italy. wa ha ha.

do most kids know the recycling symbol?