Saturday, December 8, 2007

the Happiness of Bubble Lights










Since my Christmas lights are out of reach in the dark recesses of our storage shed, and I've got too many other commitments this year to spend much time trying to get them out, I went ahead and bought all new lights for our new Faux Christmas tree this year....first one ever for me. I've always been a purist when it comes to Christmas trees, and purchased "live" (actually "dead" since they had been cut down) but this year a friend turned me onto a deal I couldn't turn down...a $20 artificial tree at a surplus place here in my town. The tree actually looks remarkably good, and since I need a decent tree this year, with no wilting, browning of limbs, or whatever, I bought it.

So anyway...I went to a big box store (NOT WM!!!) to buy lights, and there, in the midst of all the lights were bubble lights. The good old "retro" lava-lamp bubble lights. My brother has had them on his tree for years, and I've always admired them. I was further convinced to buy them since they were on sale, and once I got home started stringing lights on my God-Knows-What-Sort-of-Manufacturing-Conditions-In-China tree. The regular lights all went up quickly, and looked...well...okay. Then I added in the bubble lights. T1 and T2 were immediately thrilled with them, as was I. In fact, I kept looking at them all night. Every time I walked through the room I looked at my bubble lights. Here's what I will say about them, they make me smile. They just are so happy looking.

So there. If you are having bad week, go out and buy bubble lights.

No comments: