Thursday, February 22, 2007

Steroids, and other fun meds

I finally went back to the doc today...second time in two weeks..because the cough that I've been frightening people with for nearly a month now simply hasn't gone away. My kids have been sick, my husband has been sick, my cat is on her second round of kittie pneumonia and sneezing awful green toxic stuff all over the house, and I sound like a two-pack-a-day smoker. Any of you kin want to come for a visit? Our house sounds like a great place, huh!

Anyway...the doc gave me a shot of steroids to kick-start my recovery, and I'm pleased to announce that the side effects of steroids are that your heart races, and apparently you do too. I spent many hours today rushing around cleaning up the seen-better-days truck we're going to sell, a couple of bikes that are too small for the kids, and all manner of other crazy stuff. I actually had The Reenactor take my bp and pulse tonight because I just had this sensation that it was all going really, really fast....my pulse was, but the bp was fine. Now I see why pro atheletes take this stuff (although it might be a different sort of steriod)....hell's bells it makes you ACTIVE. Remember boys, chicks dig the long ball, and you get to feel hyper as part of your profession!!!!

My cough is actually much improved, thank you, and thank steroids. I've also got some kickass antiobiotics I'm on for a couple of weeks now. Oh, and the cat has a two-week course of kick-kittie-ass antiobiotics. I'm tired of cleaning green goo off the windows where she sits to watch birds. Apparently she gets so excited watching the birds it makes her sneeze.

I promise none of this will be in evidence if any of my family wants to drop by!

8 comments:

sgt@arms said...

Gee, it sounds so tempting, a visit to Cypress Cove. But unfortunately we have to stay home and, er, chainsaw. Yeah, that's it — chainsaw!

Anonymous said...

Yeah, a weekend with a chainsaw is truly the better choice. Every day that it is above 45 degrees I'm opening the windows to air the house out.

Anonymous said...

We're getting all new windows in our house--so don't bring the cat! Ha

Anonymous said...

maybe i need me some kiss-ass anti-throat-swelled -up drugs. marley is fine without them, though- she's got a clean kitty bill of health and has been snoozing dutifully by my side the past two days.

Anonymous said...

oops, i meant kick-ass, not kiss-ass. fever talk!

Anonymous said...

You might have to do some kiss-ass with a doc to GET the kick-ass steroids.

Once they wore off I was pretty much back to where I was this time last week. But today it *appears* that the stronger antibiotics might finally be working. I don't hack up a lung every time I cough now.

Anonymous said...

I now see where you have all been spending your time.

ME

sgt@arms said...

Yes, welcome to the other Fillmer Forum, Matt.