Thursday, October 18, 2007

blue tarps

Hey campers, since I have a few moments before bed I thought I would post a quick blog from our work trip to NOLA.

For those of you who haven't been here since the Big K hit 2 years ago, I could TOTALLY go on a rant about those responsible for what HAS NOT been done here. It is stunning what is not happening. If you talk to locals, and we have done so a lot, virtually assistance has come to help people rebuild their homes and lives from non-profit organizations.

The beauracracy and paperwork, and corruption here is unbelievable...just ask anyone who still has a blue tarp sheltering them from the elements...and there are thousands of them out there.

And I don't really need to tell all of you this, but I will anyway, the blue tarps are NOT on the houses in the neighborhoods with brick entries, and 3000-4000-sq. foot houses.

On the flip side, the locals will also tell you that it IS coming back, and that though it is hard to believe in some of the areas we've driven through, but things look much better to them than they did two years ago.

The phrase that keeps going through my head as we drive to job sites....

"you're doin' a heckuva job, brownie."

Nuf said.

1 comment:

sgt@arms said...

First Orlando, now New Orleans? I can't keep up!